These compressors were specifically designed for applications involving the transfer and recovery of Chlorine. Railcar unloading is the most typical application although these compressors are also used in the recovery residual vapors, and pressure boosting. Corken’s T-style design is incorporated in order to provide precise leakage control.
Corken supplies custom engineered packages as well. Skid mounted units can be supplied with control panels, safety controls, receiver tanks, liquid traps, and other special accessories as required.
- ANSI flanges
- Oil-free design
- Special cleaning and corrosion resistant coating on all wetted parts
- Special purge kit
- All nylon, aluminum, or 300 series stainless steel are replaced with compatible materials
- Packing and valve springs are constructed of Inconel 750
- High-efficiency valves
- Two compartment distance piece
- Tapped openings in crankcase for purging or venting
- Special Nitrogen test/purge/pad process
Double Distance Piece (T-Style)
Designed for improved leakage control, this option has three separate sets of packing per piston rod which effectively form two distinct distance pieces or barriers to external leakage. Each distance piece has its own line connections and can be separately pressurized, purged or vented to provide a wide range of application flexibility. For added convenience, purge kit options are available that include all the accessories needed to control the purging or pressurization of each chamber.
Corken’s Chlorine compressors provide a range of piston displacements from 8 to 35.5 cfm (13.6–60.3 m3/hr).